A MORE PROGRESSIVE APPROACH TO ANATOMIC PATHOLOGY.
- Full-service anatomic pathology practice
- Expanding range of molecular pathology and molecular diagnostics services
- All specimens diagnosed and interpreted locally, for optimum correlation on difficult cases
- Consultations with pathology specialists upon request
- Molecular diagnostics resources for other AP practices
Pathology Associates of Boone is the anatomic pathology practice of Progressive Pathology. Pathology Associates of Boone was
founded in 1993 and serves the Northwestern North Carolina, with an increasing number of referrals in the surrounding region. Pathology Associates has built a
distinguished record based on diagnostic accuracy and the close working relationships with clinicians so important to improved
patient outcomes. All specimens are diagnosed and interpreted locally, for optimum correlation on difficult cases, and we offer
consultations with pathology specialists upon request.
Full-spectrum AP services, plus an expanding range of molecular pathology services:
- Tissue pathology
- Cytology-histology services, including gynecologic specimens, body fluids and fine needle aspiration specimens
- Immunohistochemical stains, including current tumor markers
- On-site office frozen sections available
- FISH (Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization) assays
- PCR-based tests for Chlamydia, gonorrhea and HPV genotyping.
A highly qualified staff provides professional service and exemplary support, including daily specimen pick-up and report delivery.
We provide supplies for collection and transportation at no charge. To review or download our Specimen Submission Guidelines,